Java program executed by a web browser. Web browsers must have a Java code interpreter. Current browsers with a Java code interpreter:
- Sun's HotJava,
- Netscape's Communicator 2.0 (and later releases),
- Microsoft's Internet Explorer 3.0(and later releases).
- non-terminal node of the tree structure.
- can have 2 states: open or closed
- properties: font, colors, images, ..., assigned in relation to its state and mouse events
- components (children): menus or/and links
- menu settings are done inside the script file.
- rule #1: a menu must have at least one property: its Text
- rule #2: a menu must have at least one component (child): either another menu or a link
HyperText Markup Language: ascii file containing Html commands.
- terminal node of the tree structure.
- contains properties: font, colors, images, ..., assigned in relation to its state and mouse events
- link settings are done inside the script file.
- rule #1: a link must have at least two properties: its text, and the UrlSource (link to an Html page)
Uniform Resource Locator, internet reference tool for global usage (kindof address).